In the city of New York, hustle and bustle are a constant part of daily life for its inhabitants. In the midst of the rush and fast pace that characterizes this important city, it is very easy to become a victim of some type of personal injury. But what are the most common cases of personal injuries in New York?
According to official figures from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, work accidents are usually one of the most common types of injuries in New York, accounting for a total of 73 deaths for this reason in 2018.
From car accidents to slips and falls in public places, personal injuries can be unavoidable in such a large and busy city like New York. If you or someone you know is a victim of a similar accident, then you have #ACaseForLaw4you.
Contact us at 8559052949 or schedule your free appointment with our personal injury lawyers, who will work with you aggressively to fight for your rights as a victim and ensure your access to the million-dollar compensation you deserve.
Personal injuries in New York: statistics and relevant data
As we mentioned before, the city of New York is a place where it is very easy to become a victim of a case of personal injury, whether you are driving a vehicle, riding a bike, or just taking a walk on its busy streets.
This is reflected clearly in each of the figures that different organizations have been responsible for making known. Below, we mention some of the most relevant figures regarding cases of personal injury in New York:
– Annually, nearly 2 million New Yorkers visit emergency rooms due to personal injury accidents. (NYC Health)
– In 2020, the city of New York reported more than 66,000 personal injury cases related to traffic accidents, slips and falls, and other types of accidents (Source: NYPD).
– Traffic accidents are one of the leading causes of personal injury in New York, with over 22,000 cases reported in 2020 (Source: NYC Open Data).
– Slips and falls on sidewalks and stairs are another leading cause of personal injury in the city, with over 12,000 cases reported in 2020 (Source: NYC Open Data).
– Construction work is the most dangerous in the city, with over 400 serious injuries reported in 2020 (Source: NYC Buildings).
– Physical assaults are another important cause of personal injury in New York, with over 17,000 cases reported in 2020 (Source: NYPD).
In the face of the risk of suffering a case of personal injury in New York, it is always best to be prepared to act appropriately and obtain the benefits that the law may offer according to the magnitude of the case. That’s why, if you suffered a case of personal injury, at Law4you we can help you get justice, regardless of your immigration status. Call us now at 8559052949.
What are the most common personal injuries in New York?
While there are many cases of personal injury that can occur in such a large and busy city like New York, there are some cases that have become much more common than others due to the large number that can be registered annually.
Some of the most common cases of personal injury in New York are:
– Car accidents: Traffic accidents are one of the leading causes of personal injury in New York City. This is largely due to traffic density and the number of reckless drivers on the city’s streets.
– Slips and falls: Sidewalks and stairs in New York can be slippery and dangerous, especially in winter or rainy season. Slips and falls can result in serious injuries such as fractures and head injuries.
– Work accidents: Risky jobs that require the use of heavy tools as well as any other activity that endangers the worker’s integrity are one of the leading causes of personal injury in New York. Workplace injuries can be serious and often require medical attention and compensation that allows you to recover each of the expenses generated by your injuries.
– Sports injuries: New York is home to many high-level sports teams and events. Sports injuries such as concussions and knee injuries are common among athletes and fans, even when it comes to bike accidents.
– Construction accidents: In a constantly growing city famous for its large buildings, construction accidents are also very common. In these cases, victims have the right to take legal action to claim million-dollar compensation that allows them to recover each of the expenses generated by their injuries, especially if they were caused by negligence.
At Law4you, we turn your injuries into millions. If you were a victim of personal injuries in New York, your case could be #ACaseForLaw4you. Don’t let your rights be violated by not knowing the legal process to follow to obtain the benefits you deserve. Work with our aggressive lawyers and get the legal assistance your case needs to achieve the best results.
Call us now at 8559052949, or schedule your free consultation so we can help you. Our accident lawyers know your rights and are ready to fight in any legal instance to enforce them. Your compensation is more than guaranteed with us, regardless of your immigration status.
You may also be interested in: How can a personal injury lawyer increase compensation?
If you still have doubts about this type of accidents that can be very common, we answer some of the frequently asked questions about personal injuries below, so that you can learn more about these cases that can seriously affect a person’s health.
What are personal injuries?
Personal injuries refer to any damage or injury that occurs in the body or mind of an individual due to the negligence or unlawful conduct of another person, company, or entity. These can be caused by a variety of reasons such as traffic accidents, falls, sports injuries, medical malpractice, defective products, assaults and other types of traumatic events.
Can I sue for personal injuries in New York?
Yes, it is possible to sue for personal injuries in New York if certain requirements are met. For these cases, it is ideal that you have the legal assistance of personal injury lawyers, who can guide you on the right path to ensure the best results in your lawsuit.
How can a personal injury lawyer help me?
A personal injury lawyer can provide you with legal assistance in different ways, provided that you have been a victim of an injury caused by the negligence of another person or entity. From case evaluation, through court representation, evidence collection and benefit claims, a lawyer provides you with all the legal guidance you need in a case like this.
Where can I find the best personal injury lawyers in New York?
While it is true that New York City is full of law firms where you can find legal services for any type of fact, very few offer you an aggressive defense, in which the main focus is to fight for the fulfillment of your rights before any legal instance. At Law4you, you will find the personal injury lawyers that your case needs. Contact us now at 8559052949.
El equipo de redactores de Law4you está compuesto por un grupo de abogados especializados en casos de accidentes de construcción, trabajo, de tránsito y lesiones personales. Cada miembro del equipo cuenta con amplia experiencia en su área de especialización y están comprometidos en ofrecer la mejor defensa y compensación a sus clientes de la comunidad latina.