When an employee suffers a work-related accident in the United States, one of the most important legal benefits for the injured worker is workers’ compensation. However, there are many myths surrounding this benefit that can generate doubts among workers regarding its coverage and the possibility of obtaining it.
In this article, we have compiled some of the most popular myths and truths about workers’ compensation so that you can have a clear understanding of this important legal benefit that can change the life of an employee who suffers injuries in the workplace.
Were you a victim of a work-related accident and are looking to obtain compensation? Yours may be #ACaseForLaw4you. With the legal assistance of our accident lawyers, you can have the opportunity to gain access to each of the benefits you deserve by law, including a multimillion-dollar workers’ compensation.
Call us now at 8559052949, or schedule your free consultation so we can evaluate your case and provide you with the quality care you deserve, with the support and honesty that will make you feel secure and in the best hands.
Did you suffer a work-related accident? This is what you should know about workers’ compensation
There are various myths surrounding this important benefit established by law in most US states that can generate confusion among workers who may need this compensation for an optimal recovery without worries after an accident.
Here are 6 myths and truths about workers’ compensation, so that you are clear when claiming your rights as a worker:
- If an employee suffers an accident at work, they can always sue their employer for greater benefits.
- Companies always try to avoid paying workers’ compensation to employees who suffer work-related accidents.
- Only workers in certain industries can receive workers’ compensation.
- If an employee suffers an accident at work, they will lose their job.
- If a worker is responsible for their own work-related accident, they cannot receive workers’ compensation.
- A worker who does not have immigration status does not have the right to workers’ compensation in case of a work-related accident.
- In most cases, workers’ compensation is a no-fault system, which means that employees cannot sue their employers for workplace accidents unless the employer acted intentionally or negligently.
- Most companies have workers’ compensation insurance to cover the costs of workplace accidents, so they are not actually avoiding paying employees. Additionally, employers are required to provide adequate workers’ compensation to their employees in case of a workplace accident.
- Workers’ compensation is available to all employees, regardless of their industry. However, there are some jobs where workplace accidents are more likely to occur, such as the construction sector.
- The workers’ compensation law protects employees from being fired as a result of a workplace accident. However, employers have the right to fire employees for other valid reasons.
- Most workers’ compensation systems in the United States do not take into account the worker’s fault in a workplace accident. If an employee is injured while working, they generally have the right to receive workers’ compensation, regardless of who is responsible for the accident, except for some exceptions, such as if they were injured while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- All workers, regardless of their immigration status, have the right to workers’ compensation in the United States if they are injured while working. The fact that a worker does not have legal documentation should not be a barrier to receiving the workers’ compensation they deserve by law.
Now that you have more clarity on this important labor benefit, remember that you don’t have to claim your rights alone. Having the support of a team of Spanish-speaking accident lawyers can be the key to ensuring that your rights are respected, regardless of your immigration status or the extent of your injuries.
At Law4you, we fight for the compensation you deserve.
If you were a victim of a workplace accident case in New York, then you have #ACaseForLaw4you. Our accident lawyers will work aggressively to fight for that million-dollar compensation that you deserve as a victim. Call us now at 8559052949, or schedule your free appointment so our lawyers can evaluate your case. We will work alongside you to enforce your rights in any legal instance. At Law4you, we turn your injuries into millions!
You may also be interested in: Why trust Law4you when claiming workers’ compensation in New York?
Frequently Asked Questions
– What is workers’ compensation?
Workers’ compensation is a legal system that provides employees in the United States with insurance against work-related injuries or illnesses. With this benefit, you can have the opportunity to recover each of the expenses generated by the accident so that the impact of the event does not affect your finances.
– When can I claim workers’ compensation?
You can claim workers’ compensation if you are injured or become ill as a result of your work. Work-related injuries and illnesses can include cuts, fractures, respiratory diseases, occupational diseases, injuries from repetitive work, and stress-related disorders.
– What expenses does workers’ compensation cover?
Workers’ compensation can cover a variety of expenses related to an injury or illness suffered in the workplace, such as medical expenses, lost wages, disability benefits, among others.
– Do I need legal assistance from labor lawyers?
While workers’ compensation is, in most cases, a mandatory benefit for a worker who is a victim of workplace accidents, there are occasions when certain aspects can make the process difficult. With the help of a team of labor lawyers, you can better understand your rights and have legal defense that will guide you through the appropriate path until you receive the compensation you really deserve. If you need accident lawyers in New York, at Law4you you will find the best. Call us today at 8559052949 and work with a team that will be truly committed to your well-being and peace of mind.
El equipo de redactores de Law4you está compuesto por un grupo de abogados especializados en casos de accidentes de construcción, trabajo, de tránsito y lesiones personales. Cada miembro del equipo cuenta con amplia experiencia en su área de especialización y están comprometidos en ofrecer la mejor defensa y compensación a sus clientes de la comunidad latina.